Newham Home Improvement Agency
assists older and disabled people who live in private sector
We offer confidential advice, support and assistance
that you are free to accept or reject.
Who qualifies for the help of the Newham Home Improvement
- Disabled people, living in any housing tenure, for whom an
adaptation has been recommended by an occupational therapist
- Owner occupiers who are over 60, have a low income and are in
need of help with repairs
- Owner occupiers who are disabled, on a low income and are
in need of help with repairs.
For more information
For the Newham Home Improvement Agency call the council on 020
8430 2000 (extension number 32577).
What kind of work can we help you with?
Adaptations to your home if you are disabled
Repairs (although financial assistance is extremely
- Help from the
Handyvan scheme with small repairs, security works and falls
We will also…
- Visit you at home to discuss your needs and help you to find
the right solution
- Inform you of any grants or loans available to pay for the
- Help you to decide what work should be done and to prepare
drawings and specifications
- Help obtain prices, give advice on reliable contractors, and
supervise the whole job.