Remote Access Portal (RAP)
The Remote Access Portal (RAP) is what London Borough of Newham staff use to access the council's systems when working from home or other remote locations from any internet connected computer.RAP is changing. We are rolling out a new version between January and March 2015.
You must continue to use the old version of the Remote Access Portal (RAP) until you receive an email inviting you to enrol to the new version.
If you have successfully enrolled for 2FA, you can use the new version of the Remote Access Portal.
How to work successfully from home
- know the operating system on your PC
- be an administrator of your local PC to install RAP successfully.
Step by step guide
- Select the correct RAP setup instructions for your computer.
You will use either the old or the new version of RAP, depending on whether you have received an email inviting you to enrol to 2Factor Authentication:
Old version of RAP - Windows 7 and 8 instructions (PDF)
Old version of RAP - Vista instructions (PDF)
Old version of RAP - MAC instructions (PDF)New version of RAP - Windows 7 and 8 instructions (PDF)
New version of RAP - Vista instructions (PDF)
New version of RAP - MAC instructions (PDF)
- If you have a issue installing RAP onto your personal computer please look at our useful guides and FAQs:
- If you continue to have issues after following step 2, note down the point of installation where set up failed, and any error message that appeared.
- Use the RAP eform (or eform for MAC machines) to log a call for further assistance with the ICT Support Centre. These calls will be resolved within 12 working hours in line with the SLA.
- Access the Remote Access Portal, either using the
The ICT Support Centre may ask you to click on the cog wheel icon to install remote control software.