Remote Access Portal (RAP)
The Remote Access Portal (RAP) is what London Borough of Newham staff use to access the council's systems when working from home or other remote locations from any internet connected computer.RAP has changed. You must now use 2 Factor Authentication to access RAP, unless you are a schools USO user, supplier or external partner with an LBN account.
You will have received an email explaining the change and how to enrol for 2FA. You can also find information in the ICT section of the Newham Council intranet. To enrol you must be connected internally to the council network on a council PC or laptop.
We will contact suppliers and external partners to tell them when it is time to enrol for 2FA and use the new version of RAP.
How to work successfully from home
- be successfully enrolled for 2 Factor Authentication
- know the operating system on your PC
- be an administrator of your local PC to install RAP successfully.
Step by step guide
- Select the correct RAP setup instructions for your computer:
RAP - Windows 7 and 8 instructions (PDF)
RAP - Vista instructions (PDF)
RAP - MAC instructions (PDF)
- If you have an issue installing RAP onto your personal computer please look at our useful guides and FAQs:
- If you continue to have issues after following step 2, note down the point of installation where set up failed, and any error message that appeared.
- Use the RAP eform (or eform for MAC machines) to log a call for further assistance with the ICT Support Centre. These calls will be resolved within 12 working hours in line with the SLA.
- Access the Remote Access Portal
The ICT Support Centre may ask you to click on the cog wheel icon to install remote control software.