Remote Access Portal (RAP)
The Remote Access Portal (RAP) is now the only method for London Borough of Newham staff to access the council's systems when working from home or other remote locations from any internet connected computer.
How to work successfully from home
- know the operating system on your PC
- be an administrator of your local PC to install RAP successfully.
Step by step guide
- Select the correct RAP setup instructions for your computer: Windows 7 and 8 instructions (PDF)
Vista instructions (PDF)
Mac instructions (PDF)
- If you have a issue installing RAP onto your personal computer please look at our useful guides and FAQs:
- If you continue to have issues after following step 2, note down the point of installation where set up failed, and any error message that appeared.
- Use the RAP eform (or eform for MAC machines) to log a call for further assistance with the ICT Support Centre. These calls will be resolved within 12 working hours in line with the SLA.
- Access the Remote Access Portal (RAP)
The ICT Support Centre may ask you to click on the cog wheel icon to install remote control software.
RAP now works with Windows 7, including 64 bit, Vista and Macs.