How to work successfully from home
Before you begin you will need to:
- know the operating system on your PC
- be an administrator of your local PC to install RAP successfully.
For security reasons, you must have your machine protected by a firewall and an up to date and working anti virus product. If RAP detects this is not the case, you will be refused access.
Step by step guide
- Select the correct RAP setup instructions for your computer:Windows 7 and 8 instructions (PDF)
XP instructions (PDF)
Vista instructions (PDF)
Mac instructions (PDF)
- If you have a issue installing RAP onto your personal computer please look at our useful guides and FAQs:
- If you continue to have issues after following step 2, note down the point of installation where set up failed, and any error message that appeared.
- Use the RAP eform (or eform for MAC machines) to log a call for further assistance with the ICT Support Centre. These calls will be resolved within 12 working hours in line with the SLA.
The ICT Support Centre may ask you to click on the cog wheel icon to install remote control software.
RAP has been designed to meet the stringent standards of the central government GCSx Code of Connection.
There are a number of options available within the RAP Portal including 'Outlook Web Access' and 'LBN Desktop'. These work in the same way as the PC in your office (although some applications will not be available due to policy and licensing restrictions).
RAP now works with Windows 7, including 64 bit, XP, Vista and Macs.