Resident parking permits
You must apply online for your permit.
Parking with a resident parking permit
This permit allows you to park your vehicle in a permit holders only bay within the resident parking zone stated on the permit.
You can also park within a shared use bay. This is a bay where permit holders and motorists displaying a valid pay and display ticket can park.
Cost of a resident parking permit
|First resident parking permit in household||Free|
|Second resident parking permit in household||£70|
|Additional resident parking permits||£150|
If your application is successful it can take up to 10 working days for the permit to get to you in the post. Please make sure you leave plenty of time.
- UK vehicle registration document (VSC or log book).
- a lease or hire agreement.
- UK vehicle registration document (VSC/logbook) or lease/hire agreement
- and a letter from your employer on headed paper dated within the last three months that confirms your name and address.
Temporary resident parking permit
The permit is valid for six weeks and gives you time to get the right document(s) for a full resident parking permit. When you have the right document(s), you must send a scanned or photo image to email@example.com. Make sure you write your temporary parking permit number on the document(s).
You will not be able to upload the document(s) to My Newham.
Documents you need to apply for a temporary permit
- UK vehicle registration supplement (V5c or 2 log book)
- sales receipt or invoice
- certificate of motor insurance.
- mortgage letter
- completion letter from solicitors
- tenancy agreement.
Renew a resident parking permit
If your details are the same
If you wish to renew a second or additional permit please make sure you have your payment card ready.
If your details have changed
- If your permit has expired you must apply for a new permit online through My Newham.
- If your permit has not expired, you will need to go to the East Ham Customer Service Centre to apply for a new permit. Please make sure you take the right documents with you. You will need to pay a £5 charge for the new permit.