What is a Controlled
A Residential Parking Zone (RPZ)
is an area where parking is regulated to benefit residents,
businesses and visitors.
This is achieved by:
- Prioritising parking provision
- Improving access to shopping centres which will help all
residents, but in particular disabled people, families with
children and the elderly
- Reducing illegal parking across dropped kerbs and road
junctions. This will improve road safety as well as helping people
with mobility problems
- Providing controlled parking for residents (in all zones), and
shoppers (in and around town centres), thus encouraging people to
come to Newham
- Increasing public safety and security by the presence of
uniformed civil enforcement officers
Note: Different RPZs have different operational hours and days.
For more information go to our
RPZ Maps and Hours of Operation page.