Conditions for loading or
unloading your vehicle on a yellow line.
You cannot load or unload where signs
and yellow kerb markings indicate 'no loading'.
Elsewhere, in Newham a vehicle may load or unload
on a single or double yellow line for:
- an unlimited period before 11am
- 40 minutes maximum after this time
- loading or unloading must be continuous
- the item(s) concerned should be of a nature that makes it
necessary to park on the yellow line (for example, very heavy)
- you must move your vehicle if the Police or a Civil Enforcement
Officer tell you to
We enforce parking and traffic regulations under the London
Local Authorities Act 1996 (as amended), the London Local
Authorities and Transport for London Act 2003, and the Traffic
Management Act 2004.