Newham provides a free green waste
collection for residents. So don't bin your green waste, put it
into normal refuse sacks or bundles to be picked up by a dedicated
green waste collection vehicle.
There is no charge for collection. We guarantee it will go
into a bay for green waste only at
Lane Reuse and Recycling Centre.
Request a green waste collection
Request a green waste collection online through
Please ensure the green waste is ready for collection before you
make the request; you will need to confirm the number of bags to be
Items we can collect
- grass cuttings
- small branches
- wood shavings
- real Christmas trees (large trees should be cut into small
pieces for handling).
Items we cannot collect
- tree trunks and logs
- plant pots
- vegetable peelings or food waste
- tree stumps
- Japanese Knotweed
- soil, hardcore and stones
- piles of green waste not in bags
- large branches
- artificial Christmas trees.
When will you collect my green waste?
We will collect your green waste items within two working
days of receiving your request. This excludes bank
holidays and festive periods.
Preparing your green waste for collection
Please ensure that you:
- leave your green waste in normal black refuse sacks or bundles
outside your door or at the boundary of your property
- do not use orange recycling bags as these are
for recycling only
- do not overfill your bags or bundles as refuse
operators must be able to lift them into the refuse
We also provide subsidised compost bins for home composting. Visit
page for further details.