Your personal energy offer letter
If you registered with the scheme before the auction, you will receive a personal offer letter or email from 28 February. It will let you know if you could save money by switching your energy provider.
What happens next?
You have until 31 March to decide whether you would like to switch or not. The email or letter will explain what you need to do.
Your offer letter or email will also tell you how to your update your details if:
- the amount of energy you use
- your energy provider
- your current tariff
have changed since you registered.
If you registered online you have until 31 March to change your details. If you registered by telephone you have until 24 March to update your details.
Any changes you make will affect your offer.
Accepting your offer
If you decide to accept your offer, the Big London Energy Switch will work with the winning energy company to make the switch for you.
Because of Ofgem regulations, we cannot help you with this stage. You must contact your new energy company if you need any help.
You will need to send your new energy company a meter reading to start your new contract. Your new energy company will complete your switch by mid-May 2014 and send you a welcome pack.
If your offer has not arrived
- If you are waiting for an email, check your spam or junk folders in your inbox. If it has not arrived, call 0800 048 8112.
- If you are waiting for a letter, wait until 11 March. If it does not arrive, call 0800 048 8112. You have until 24 March to ask for a new letter.
Advice on accepting your energy offer
Here are some points to think about when you receive your energy offer.
Even if you can’t make a saving by switching your provider, you will receive an offer email or letter. This is because you may want to take up the offer if your current tariff is about to end.
Check that the energy usage data you entered is as accurate as possible - you will have the opportunity to get your figures changed and a revised savings offer will be sent out to you but you must act quickly. You can do this via the link provided in your offer email or by calling 0800 0488112. Find out how to read your energy bill to see how much energy you have used over the last 12 months:
- If you are on a fixed-term contract, find out if there are any fines for ending a contract early. This will help you to decide whether to switch providers.
- If you are eligible for the Warm Home Discount Scheme, the Winter Fuel Payment or the Cold Weather Payment, check that your new supplier offers the service.
- If you did not register online, make sure that when you post your acceptance form you:
- fill it in completely
- send it to the Northampton address (the address on the pre-paid envelope).
If you have any questions about your offer, call 0800 048 8112. Please note that you will not be able to accept your offer by telephone.
If you did not register for the last auction
If you want to find out how much money you could save by switching your provider, visit the Ofgem website
. On the website you can get advice about switching and find a list of accredited price comparison websites.
Other ways to reduce your energy bills
Three ways to reduce your energy bills: