Resident visitor parking permits
With a permit, your visitor can park in a:
- permit holders only bay
- a shared use bay, which can be used by permit holders and motorists who display a valid pay and display ticket.
Apply for resident visitor permitsIf you are not eligible for 30 free permits, you must buy your permits online through My Newham.
Before you apply
|Type||Number of permits per pack||Cost per pack|
The vehicle for which a parking permit is being applied for must not exceed 2.3 metres in height and/or 5.3 metres in length.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to check their vehicle dimensions before applying for a parking permit.
If a permit is issued and it is found that the vehicle exceeds the above dimensions the permit will be cancelled and any appropriate payment refund will be made. Vehicles seen displaying a cancelled permit during the operational hours of a Resident Parking Zone (RPZ) will be issued with a penalty charge notice (PCN).
Apply for permits
After you apply
- your home is in a residential parking zone
- it is the first time your household has applied for resident visitor parking permits
- there are no vehicles registered at your property
- you are on the electoral roll and /or Council Tax register.
We will process your application in 10 working days. If you are eligible, we will then send your permits to you by post. Please allow time for your permits to arrive.