warning icon
Power cut at Canning Town Library Canning Town Library has been affected by a power cut in the local area and is currently closed - we will extend book return due dates by one week in case you cannot return items at an alternative library.
Essential maintenance this weekend to our Council Tax & Housing Benefit system​Council Tax Account Balances and Housing Benefit information will be unavailable via MyNewham on Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 November 2017. Customers may find certain online forms will not function during this time. 

Customers can still make payments, but online account balances will not be updated until Monday 27 November 2017. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.​

School visitor parking permits

School visitor parking permits are for schools in a resident parking zone.

Who can use the permit?

The permit can be used by visitors to the school. The permits cannot be used by people who work at the school.

Where can a school visitor park with the permit?

School visitors can park in a permit holders only bay within the resident parking zone shown on the permit for up to three hours.
They can also park in a shared use bay. This is a bay where permit holders and motorists displaying a valid pay and display ticket can park.

The vehicles for which school parking permits are being applied for must not exceed 2.3 metres in height and/or 5.3 metres in length.

It is the applicant’s responsibility to check that vehicle dimensions before applying for a parking permit.

If a permit is issued and it is found that the vehicle exceeds the above dimensions the permit will be cancelled and any appropriate payment refund will be made. Vehicles seen displaying a cancelled permit during the operational hours of a Resident Parking Zone (RPZ) will be issued with a penalty charge notice (PCN).

Cost of a school visitor parking permit

A pack of 10 permits cost £15.


Apply for a school visitor parking permit

You must write a letter on headed paper saying that the request is being made on behalf of the school.

This should be signed and dated by someone with authority at the school - usually the head teacher or their secretary.

You should then take it to East Ham Customer Service Centre with a credit or debit card to make your payment. No cash or cheques are accepted.

Back to top