Copyright - reusing public sector information
If you wish to reproduce or re-use information we publish, you may have to apply for a licence.
Some information is available free-of-charge for certain uses.
Reproducing and re-using our information
- non-commercial research
- private study
- news reporting
Licence to reproduce or re-use information
- our published information for commercial gain and/or
- more than 500 words for our information.
- environmental information
- geographical information
- tourist information
- census data
- all significant documents listed in our Publication Scheme.
- information and/or documents held by schools and colleges
- information and/or documents held by museums and libraries and other cultural institutions in Newham
- information which is exempt under the Freedom of Information Act or Environmental Information Regulations
- documents that are not directly related to our core responsibilities such as documents of a commercial nature
- information for which the copyright or intellectual property rights are owned by someone else.
Apply to re-use Newham Council’s information
You must include:
- your name and return address
- the document you wish to reuse
- the purpose for which you want to use it.
- tell you of any fees you may incur
- issue you with a licence, valid for five years, which will set out the conditions for re-use
- arrange access to the requested information.
We charge for the staff time in making the information available to you.
The rates are:
- £15 per hour for non-supervisory staff
- £20 per hour for supervisory staff
- £30 per hour for senior staff.
- black and white A4 at £0.10 per sheet
- black and white A3 at £0.70 per sheet
- colour A4 at £0.70 per sheet
- colour A3 at £1.40 per sheet.
Complaints and Member Enquiries
London Borough of Newham Newham Dockside 1000 Dockside Road