warning icon
activeNewham network systems are not working ​Le​isure centres and call centre online systems currently not working. Problems with calls to and from call centre.​ Leisure centres are open. Apologies for any inconvenience.​

Door entry fobs and keys

This page will tell you about door entry fobs and keys for tenants and leaseholders who live in blocks with communal entrances.​​
Key on a keyring shaped like a house

Lost door or fobs keys

Council tenants

If you lose your fob or key, or you need a new one for other members of your household, you should call the Client Relations Team on 0208 430 2000 ext 57999. We may charge you for a new or replacement key or fob.

Leasehold landlord

If your tenant has lost a fob or key, call the Client Relations on 0208 430 2000 ext 57999. We will charge you for the replacement fob or key.

Door fob or key charges

Tenant type
Council tenants
Resident leaseholders £30
Private tenants and non-resident leaseholders £45

How to pay

You can pay the charge by debit or credit card by calling Client Relations on 0208 430 2000 ext 57999.

We do not accept cash payments at Bridge House. If you do not have a credit or debit card, you can pay using an Allpay card at your nearest paypoint outlet. Allpay cards are issued at Bridge House

Identification and proof of address

To get a door entry fob or key you will need to bring:
  • one form of identification such as a passport, driving licence or birth certificate
  • a recent document that shows proof of address (not from Newham Council) such as a utility bill.
If you are a private tenant or landlord you will also need to bring your tenancy agreement. We can only give you a door fob or key if:
  • you are listed on the tenancy agreement
  • you bring with the tenancy agreement a letter from your landlord that gives you permission to live in the property.

Back to top

Contact us

  • Client Relations Team

    020 8430 2000 ext: 57999

    Email us