Green garden waste
We collect green garden waste from Newham residents for free.
Before you apply
Make sure you:
- find out what green waste we collect
- prepare your green waste for collection so you know how many bags you want us to collect.
- grass cuttings
- small branches
- wood shavings
- real Christmas trees
- or just about any 'green' garden waste.
We do not collect:
- Japanese knotweed
- soil or sand
- flower pots
- large branches
- piles of green waste not in bags/secure bundles
- leave your green waste in normal black bin bags or in tied bundles outside your door or at the boundary of your property
- cut large Christmas trees into sizes that are easy to handle
- put less into each bag if the garden waste is wet and heavy.
- put green garden waste into your normal rubbish wheelie bin
- use orange recycling bags as these are for recycling only
- fill bags too full - we will need to lift them into the back of a refuse vehicle.