Our Newham Money Emergency Support
On this page you can find out about the Our Newham Money Emergency Support - formerly known as the Newham Community and Crisis Support scheme, including how to apply for Emergency Support to help with expenses in an emergency or if you are vulnerable and experiencing severe hardship.
About Our Newham Money Emergency Support
If you have an extreme emergency and there is no other way for you to get help, you may be offered Our Newham Money Emergency Support.
The aims of Our Newham Money Emergency Support are to give:
- A safety net for residents in case of an emergency
- Support to help vulnerable people move into or stay in the community
- Support to relieve exceptional pressure on families.
- Our Newham Money Emergency Support is a last resort after all other available options have been explored.
Who can get Our Newham Money Emergency Support
You can apply for Our Newham Money Emergency Support if you:
- Are aged 16 or over
- Are in receipt of a qualifying benefit
- Have been living in Newham (subject to length of residency within Newham) or have a connection with Newham, (e.g. Newham Temporary Accommodation placed you outside Newham).
- Our Newham Money Emergency Support is discretionary, which means that, unlike other benefits you do not have a legal right to get help. If you are in severe need but you think you don’t meet the criteria you should still contact us.
What you can get Our Newham Money Emergency Support for
Our Newham Money can provide support for:
- Other items can be considered in exceptional circumstances.
The support can be provided in a number of different ways including vouchers, text message and BACs depending on the available funds and support required.
Apply for Our Newham Money Emergency Support
To find out if you qualify for support, complete an Our Newham Money Emergency Support application form on the Our Newham Money website.
If you have any questions about your application, please email us email@example.com or call Our Newham Money on 020 8430 2041.