Ofsted inspection results
What we are doing well
- When children in Newham are identified as being in need of help and protection, they are appropriately safeguarded
- The quality of help and protection of our disabled children’s team is strong
- Our social workers know their children well, and many children benefit from good quality assessments
- Most children in care live in appropriate placements that meet their needs
- The emotional and mental health needs of children in care are understood and met.
Where Ofsted said we have fallen short
- Since the last Ofsted inspection in 2014, there has been a significant deterioration in children’s services
- Progress has not been made in making necessary improvements identified in 2014
- Leaders are failing in their duties to children in care and care leavers
- Leaders have yet to create an environment for social work to flourish
- There has been a lack of ambition for children.