Ways to support the farm
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic the farm is still closed and we will provide an update when we are able to open again.
There are lots of ways you can get involved and become a supporter of Newham City Farm, from Friends of the farm membership to sponsoring an animal, find out about all of them here.
Friends of the farm
Newham City Farm Friends was formed for people who are interested in the farm and its future. Members support the farm in a range of ways and the main aim of the group is to organise fundraising activities, such as holding stalls at local events and helping out at farm events.
The money that is raised from these activities is ploughed back into the farm to enable us to improve the facilities.
Here are the details of the different memberships that are available.
|Type of membership||Price|
|Individual membership (adult)||£5|
|Individual membership (child)||£1|
Sponsor an animal
Sponsor an animal and you can help to contribute to their care and upkeep. This is the perfect gift for any animal lover. You could also club together with friends to sponsor an animal.
In return for your sponsorship you will receive a sponsorship certificate and colour photo of your sponsored animal.
Corporate work days
We host employee volunteering days. As a valuable community resource and educational facility, the farm has a variety of projects that groups can get involved in to make a positive contribution to the local community.
Dear Newham City Farm visitors
During the current lockdown period you can still support the Farm in the following ways:
- Support our Newham City Farm Friends via a donation to their account: Sort code: 309293 Account number: 00344369 Account name: Newham City Farm Friends. You can put your name as a reference if you wish or remain anonymous. This is where your entrance donations usually go to.
- Joining Newham City Farm Friends. We are always looking for more members. There is a small subscription for those that can support us financially but if not we still value your support. The Friends help raise funds for the Farm which directly support Farm projects above the running costs provided by London Borough of Newham. Please see Friends of the farm above.
- Sponsoring an animal as a nice gesture during this difficult time or as a gift for family/friends. Your sponsorship directly supports equipment and supplies for the animal you sponsor. Please see Sponsor an Animal above.
- Keeping connected with the Farm via our website www.newhamcityfarm.co.uk or liking our posts on Facebook
- Finally, if you have children looking for something to do, they could draw a picture of the Farm or their favourite animal and send it to us at Newham City Farm, King George Ave, Custom House, London E16 3HR. If they write their name, age and contact email or phone number we will put the pictures into a draw for a Be a Farmer experience morning or a Care for a Pony morning which you can take up once we re-open. Something to look forward to! The age category is 8-12 years for the experience sessions but we still welcome all pictures which we can display on the Farm.
Many thanks from all your animal friends and staff at Newham City Farm