Rapid community testing
If you DO NOT have Covid-19 symptoms and are part of the priority groups below you can book a free rapid Covid-19 test (also known as a Lateral Flow Test), with results available in less than 40 minutes.
Rapid testing is currently only available to people aged 18+ who are part of the priority groups below:
- People who care for others (this may be paid or unpaid)
- People who live in multi-generational households
- People who live with someone who has a long term condition or has been asked to shield
- People who have to go out for work or volunteering (can’t work or volunteer from home)
- People who live in overcrowded households
You do not have to be a Newham resident to get tested if you work in the borough.
We recommend you get tested twice a week, two to four days apart. This will help pick up a Covid-19 infection early and reduce the risk to others.
Please wear a face covering when you come for your test. This helps protect our staff and others.
Book a rapid test here
You can also attend without booking an appointment, however this will be subject to availability.
Where are the testing sites?
Rapid Covid-19 testing is available at the following sites 7 days a week, from 10am-7pm:
- Vicarage Lane Community Centre, Govier Close, E15 4HW
- Katherine Road Community Centre, 254 Katherine Road, E7 8PN
- Jack Cornwall Community Centre, Jack Cornwall Street, E12 5NN
- Jeyes Community Centre, 1 James Close, E13 9BB
- Ascot Community Centre, Hermit Road, E16 4PL
- Durning Hall Community Centre, Earlham Grove, E7 9AB
More sites are due to open so please check back.
For more information about rapid testing email [email protected]
If you need assistance with online booking you can contact the Newham COVID-19 Helpline 020 7473 9711 or [email protected] (Open 9am-7pm, 7 days a week).