Test and Trace Support Payment and the Newham Stay Home Support Payment
You could get a support payment to make up for lost earnings if you need to stay at home due to Covid-19.
You might be able to get a payment of at least 80% of your earnings if you’re told to self-isolate because of Covid-19 or care for children or dependents who have to stay home and you cannot work from home and will lose income.
The maximum payment is £738.43. It will be a Test and Trace Support Payment or the Newham Stay Home Support Payment. Apply using the form below and we will work out which one you are eligible for.
You may be eligible for a payment if:
- you’ve been told to self-isolate because you have had a positive Covid-19 test result or you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive
- you need to take time off work to care for a child or dependent adult who has been told to self-isolate after 8 March 2021
You can apply if you are over the age of 16 and:
- you will lose income because you unable to work from home, and
- it is less than 42 days since the start of having to stay at home
You must also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- your income is at or below £19.49 per hour or £33,671 per year with dependents or without dependents below £16.64 per hour or £28,760 per year
- you are getting or have successfully applied for one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit
Other financial help
Newham COVID-19 Helpline
If you are unable to isolate safely at home, need other support while you’re isolating (including accessing food, financial advice, or befriending) or have questions related to COVID-19 the Newham COVID-19 Helpline will be able to provide information and direct you to services which may be able to assist you.