Covid-19 Roadmap: Step 4
From 19 July 2021
The Government has now lifted all measures put in place to limit the spread of the virus. This means:
- Lockdown has been lifted and all legal limits on social contact are now removed
- Nightclubs are allowed to reopen
- Face masks are no longer compulsory but recommended in some settings
- There are no longer any restrictions on large events like weddings and performances.
Newham Council is advising residents to continue wearing face masks to keep themselves and others safe and to act cautiously when reacting to the latest easing of restrictions. This is line with guidance from the Mayor of London and many other councils.
For more on the Mayor of Newham’s announcement on face masks
It is important we all remember COVID-19 is still a part of our lives so we must:
- Continue to follow the principles of ‘hands, face, space and ventilation’
- Follow the COVID-secure measures that remain in place at different stages
- Get tested when needed – if you cannot work from home, have someone in your household attending or working in education or have symptoms of COVID-19
- Get vaccinated when offered. There are daily events for those aged 18 plus to have a vaccination. More information on where to get your vaccine.