If you have symptoms
Test appointments can be booked by calling 119 or visiting the GOV.UK website.
If you have any of the three main Covid-19 symptoms (new persistent cough, fever or loss/change of your sense of smell or taste) you should get tested at one of our drive-through or walk-through sites, or via a home test kit.
If you or someone in your household has symptoms you and your household should isolate for 10 days.
There are four ways to get tested if you have symptoms in Newham:
- Walk through testing (Beckton, East Ham, Canning Town and Stratford locations)
- Drive through testing (Lea Valley Athletic Track and O2 Arena)
- Home testing kits
- Mobile testing unit (Gallions Reach - Details and availability on the online booking portal by clicking below or calling 119)
Booking is recommended for all testing options, and required for the drive through and temporary testing sites.
Book a test if you have symptoms
For adults who do not have Covid-19 symptoms
Covid-19 testing is being offered to specific groups of Newham residents and employees even if they DO NOT have any symptoms.
If you DO NOT have Covid-19 symptoms and are part of the priority groups below you can book a free rapid Covid-19 test (also known as a Lateral Flow Test), with results available in less than 40 minutes.
Rapid testing is currently available for residents and people who work in the borough who have to leave their home for work, volunteering or to care for others (paid or unpaid).
This testing is available to people aged 18+.
- People who care for others (this may be paid or unpaid)
- People who live in multi-generational households
- People who live with someone who has a long-term condition or has been asked to shield
- People who have to go out for work (can’t work from home)
Book a rapid test here
For more information please visit the Rapid Testing page.
In education (staff and students)
- You will receive information through your educational institute about the rollout of testing
Frontline public sector workers
- You will receive information through employer about how to access testing.