Welcome Newham: One-Stop Shop
Are you a newly arrived resident to Newham from outside the UK?
Newham Council, in partnership with the voluntary and community sector, have launched a weekly one-stop shop offering help and support newly arrived Newham Residents.
The weekly one-stop shops provide an opportunity for newly arrived residents (those granted their leave to remain within the last 6 months) to Newham and those seeking asylum to access a number of different service offerings to help establish a life in Newham. These are drop-in sessions so people can attend anytime - there is no need to RSVP. We also speak multiple languages.
The following in person assistance will be provided at the one-stop shop:
• Help to register with a Doctor for access to health services
• Support for pregnant and new mums
• Support to apply for benefits to help towards your living costs
• Assistance to apply for school places for all children
• Homelessness prevention and support
• Biometric Resident Permit guidance
• ASPEN and ARC card queries
• Access to lessons to learn how speak English
• Support in finding work and volunteering opportunities
• Help to work out the costs involved in affording accommodation in private rented sector and social housing
The one-stop shop is at Stratford Library, 1 st Floor - 3 The Grove, E15 1EL every Thursday 10am to 3pm. On the first Thursday of every month there will be a focus on employment and volunteer opportunities. Every week we host workshops on finding accommodation in the Private Rented Sector and social housing (3.30-5pm).
We look forward to seeing you there.
Welcome Newham Team
Phone 020 3373 3222