Mental health

Support for Adults

Newham’s Adult Social Care website also has information about how you can access mental health support. The Adult Mental Health Access and Assessment Team (MHATT) is the single point of access for all referrals to Mental Health Social Care. If you are already receiving a service from the NHS for your mental illness (The East London NHS Foundation Trust) talk to your doctor, community psychiatrist nurse, or other mental health professional about getting social care help. Adult Social Care can also undertake a Carers Assessment to help us understand the physical, emotional and practical impact that caring has on your life and to ensure that your needs are taken into account.

For more information, please visit our Adult Social Care website.