Rapid community testing
Rapid tests are for people who do not have COVID-19 symptoms. They help to keep us all safe by picking up infections early and reducing risk to others.
Anyone in Newham can get free rapid tests twice a week – whether you live, work, study or volunteer here. You can get tested:
- At a local rapid test site; or
- By testing at home.
The tests are safe and easy to use, and the results come back in under 40 minutes.
We recommend you get tested twice a week, three to four days apart.
Testing at a local rapid test site
You can book an appointment or walk in to any of our sites.
Please wear a face covering when you come for your test. This helps protect our staff and others.
Please do not attend a rapid test site if you have symptoms of COVID-19. Find out how to get a test if you have symptoms in the testing section.
Where are the testing sites?
- Vicarage Lane Community Centre, Govier Close, E15 4HW
- Katherine Road Community Centre, 254 Katherine Road, E7 8PN
- Jack Cornwell Community Centre, Jack Cornwell Street, E12 5NN
- Jeyes Community Centre, 1 James Close, E13 9BB
- Ascot Community Centre, Hermit Road, E16 4PL
- Beckton Community Centre, 14 E Ham Manor Way, London E6 5NG
- Timber Lodge, Olympic Park, 1A Honour Lea Avenue, London E20 1DY
Please check the booking page for opening times.
If you need help with online booking you can contact the Newham COVID-19 Helpline 020 7473 9711 or [email protected] (Open 9am-7pm, 7 days a week).
Testing at home
Anyone can collect rapid tests for home use or order home tests online. Find out more about local collection points and ordering online in the rapid home testing section.
Visit our back to school page for more details about testing in nurseries, schools and colleges.