School meals offer great value for money as well as being tasty, healthy and nutritious.
They have the essential vitamins and minerals your child needs to help him or her grow, develop, fight infection and have the energy to lead a happy and healthy life. They can also be a great way for your child to try a variety of foods.
Why choose school meals for your child?
There are many reasons why you should consider a school lunch for your child.
- School meals offer a selection of freshly cooked main meals which meet the nutritional standards set by the government.
- We follow the National Government Food Standards, which means all children will have at least one portion of fruit and one portion of vegetables every day.
- Whether your child enjoys all food, is vegetarian or needs a special diet, we can cater for all your child's needs. A number of schools also serve halal meals. For more information speak to your child’s school directly.
- A school meal is very good value. All children who go to a Newham primary school can eat for free, and we only charge £2.05 for secondary school children.
- School meals are convenient; not having to make a packed lunch will save you time.
- Children can sit down together to enjoy their meal. This develops their social skills and encourages them to try new foods.