Bidding for a property
The scheme allows you to choose where you live and the type of property you live in.
How to bid for a property
Find a property
Make a bid
What property to bid for
We give details about:
- type of property
- number of bedrooms
- floor level
- whether it has a garden or not
- property's landlord
- type of heating
- number of people it is suitable for.
Property size you can bid for
Your registration letter or email tells you what size of properties you can bid for.
Properties in other boroughs
When to bid for a property
Problems bidding for a property
- You are trying to bid outside of the bidding cycle (Friday to midnight on Monday). If you try to bid between Tuesday and Thursday, the message ‘You are not currently eligible for any properties’ will appear on the screen.
- Your account is not yet active. You will be told by letter or email that your application has been made active, but this can take up to 24 hours.
- You have been shortlisted for a property. You should get a letter inviting you to look at the property.
- You are in rent arrears or your application is under investigation. You should have received a letter telling you this.
- Your account is dormant because you have been assessed as having a home that meets your needs. You must let us know if any of the details on your housing register application have changed.
Difficulty logging into the bidding website
If your details have changed
You must make sure that you update your housing application as soon as
possible if there are any changes to the information you have previously provided.
You can only tell us about a change online through My Newham.
Bidding for an accessible property
The categories are:
A Wheelchair accessible throughout
When we advertise our properties we include the category it is in. This helps disabled people to find a home that is right for them.
- Previous Housing register