You can buy copies of official birth, marriage and death certificates from the Newham Register Office.
Apply for a copy certificate
Apply by post
- Marriage certificate application form (PDF)
- Civil partnership certificate application form (PDF)
- Death certificate application form (PDF)
- Birth certificate application form (PDF)
To cover postage, you must also include one of three options:
- an extra £2 - if you would like us to use standard Royal Mail delivery
- an extra £3 - if you would like us to use recorded Royal Mail delivery
- a stamped self-addressed envelope.
Apply by phone
As long as you phone us before 3.30pm we will issue the certificate on the same day. You will need to pay an extra £10 fee for this service.
To save time, you should fill in one of our online forms before you phone us:
Identification to get a copy certificate
Information we need to issue a copy certificate
- name and surname (and any other names used) at the time of birth
- date and place of birth
- parents' full names
- mother's maiden surname.
- name and surname (and any other names used) at the time of death
- date and place of death.
- name and surname (and any other names used) at the time of marriage
- maiden surname of the bride
- date of marriage
- name of place of marriage (register office, church).
Newham Registration Service
London Borough of Newham,
207 Plashet Grove
020 8430 2000