warning icon
For the most up to date service disruptions and information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) please follow these links

Benefits - tell us about a change

If your circumstances change you must tell us straight away because it may affect the amount of benefit you get.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
A man and woman sitting on a sofa looking at a lapt top and receipts and a girl sitting on the floor

​Tell us about changes to:

  • Your home details: for example if you have moved home, if someone moves out or a new person moves in.
  • Your payments: for example a change to your rent or any service charges with in your rent (unless you are a Newham Council tenant)
  • Your circumstances and your partner’s circumstances: for example your name, your employment, the benefits you get, your income or savings
  • The people you live with: for example their name, their employment, the benefits they get, their income or savings.
  • Leaving your home temporarily: Tell us if you are going away from your home, even for a short period of time.
Back to top