warning icon
For the most up to date service disruptions and information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) please follow these links

Moving in or out of Newham

How to tell us if you are moving into, out of, or within Newham.​​​​​​

Council Tax

If you are moving in or out of the borough or within Newham, you should tell us about your move to make sure you pay the right amount of Council Tax.

You can fill in our Council Tax – chan​ge of address form​.
Landlords, if your tenant is moving out of your property you should tell us. You can either fill in our Council Tax – change of tenants form.

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction

Moving home may affect your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction.

To tell us you are moving, you can either:

Parking permits

Moving in

If you are moving into Newham you may need to apply for a parking permit.

We understand that your vehicle may not be registered to your new address when you first move in, so we offer a temporary parking permit for new residents.

Moving within

If you have moved home within Newham you will need to go to the East Ham Customer Service Centre to update your parking permit. You must take your parking permit and proof of your new address with you.

Moving out

If you are moving out of the borough, or no longer need a parking permit at your new Newham address, you can apply for a refund.

Electoral register

You can use the government's register to vote service to tell us that:
  • your address has changed
  • someone has moved into your home.
Make sure you have your National Insurance number to hand.

On the first working day of every month we update the electoral register with any changes.
Find out more about the electoral register.
Back to top