warning icon
Technical difficulties​We are currently experiencing technical issues with our online Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction & Council Tax form. Customers are currently unable to submit these forms to the Council. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope to have the fault rectified as soon as possible. Essential systems maintenance this Friday evening This website may experience intermittent disruption from 6pm tonight, Friday 16 August, while we upgrade our systems. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.​​​​​​

Water quality

Find out who to contact if there is problem with your water supply.

​Public water supplies

Thames Water supplies drinking water to Newham. It is responsible for water quality and for repairs to the supply system.

Reporting water problems

If you have a problem with your water, or you want to report a leak, contact Thames Water directly.

Drinking water quality: useful websites


Private water supplies

A private water supply is any water that is not supplied by a water company, usually a spring or well, so it is not a ‘mains’ supply.
There are currently no private water supplies in Newham.
For general information about private water supplies, go to the Drinking Water Inspectorate website.
Back to top