Child employment

Apply for a child performance licence

A child may need a performance licence if they are under school leaving age and take part in:

  • Films, plays, concerts or other public performances that the audience pays to see
  • Any sporting events or modelling assignments where the child is paid

The person running the performance or sporting event must apply for a child performance licence. They must do this at least 21 days before the event.

As the child's parent or guardian you must also fill in a section of the form.

Apply for a child performance licence (Word)

Apply for body of persons approval

If you're running a performance taking place within the London Borough of Newham you need to apply for a body of persons approval.

You will need to provide details about your organisation, the performance and safeguarding arrangements.

Application for a body of persons approval (Word)