Licensing – have your say

If a premises applies for a licence or a club premises certificate and you are affected, you can make a 'representation' about the application. You can also do this if someone applies to change a licence or certificate.

What is representation?

A representation is a written view or question. It can be for or against an application.

When you can make a representation about a licensing application

You can make a representation if it relates to one of the four licensing aims:

  • The prevention of crime and disorder
  • Public safety
  • The prevention of public nuisance
  • The protection of children from harm.

More information about the aims of licensing law is available on the .Gov website.

We must receive your representation within the deadline stated in the poster outside the premises.