Claiming for Healthy Start will not affect your other benefits.
2,500 eligible families are yet to claim their free vouchers. Please ask your midwife, children centre, health visitor or neighbourhood centre or visit www.healthystart.nhs.uk for more information.
What is Healthy Start?
Pregnant women and families with children under the age of 4 may be eligible for help to buy healthy food including cow’s milk, fruit, vegetables, pulses and infant formula milk if they receive any of the qualifying benefits as listed on healthy start website.
If you are under 18 and pregnant, you will qualify even if you don’t receive any benefits. For more information, visit ww.healthystart.nhs.uk
How much money do I get?
If you qualify you get
- £4.25 a week if you are pregnant
- £4.25 a week for your children above 1 and under 4 years old
- £8.50 a week for babies under the age of one
How to apply:
Applying is easy
- Collect a free form from a Community Neighbourhood Centre, Children’s Centre, your midwife or health visitor.
- Download and print the Healthy Start Application form: www.healthystart.nhs.uk/how-to-apply
- Complete the form on the website and print out a copy
Mail the completed form for free, to:
Healthy Start Issuing Unit
PO Box 1067
If you would like a copy of the form sent to you by post, please call Healthy Start on 0345 607 6823.
What is the FREE Healthy Start Vitamins scheme in Newham?
All pregnant women, new mothers and children under four years of age in Newham can receive FREE vitamins funded by Newham Public Health.
Healthy Start Vitamins can help your children grow healthy and strong and help you maintain your health during pregnancy and after birth. Healthy Start vitamins contain Vitamin D and are suitable for Halal and Vegetarian diet.
Please collect your FREE vitamins from below children centres in Newham from May 2021. Please call the centre before you visit to make sure that they have the stock available.