Become a Young Commissioner
We are looking to recruit young people who have experience of being in care as Young Commissioners.
Your role will be to help those in care have a voice in service design, service development, delivery and evaluation. You will represent young people’s voices to senior decision makers and influence change for the better.
Our aim – to give you the opportunity to participate in service development, reviews and monitoring and new skills.
You need to be:
- Be in Care or have experience of being in care
- Come from, or live in Newham
- Aged 13 plus.
- Want to make things better for children in care!
- Be open to learn new skills
- Be committed to a minimum of one commissioning activity a month. This is flexible depending on their availability
- The role will be for six months.
You will get:
- References on successful completion of the programme
- Remuneration for your time.
- To participate in an accreditation programme.
- To work closely with commissioners to support the commissioning process.
Email: [email protected] with your name, age, contact details
Or contact [email protected]/ Newham’s Children in Care Council.