BrowseAloud is a free tool that adds speech and reading to website experiences to help people with a range of accessibility needs.
It offers people the chance to listen to, rather than read, the content of our website and is especially helpful for people:
- Who have literacy and reading difficulties
- For whome English is not their first language
- With Dyslexia
- With mild visual impairment.
BrowseAloud is free to use and there is no need to download anything.
To get started, click on the 'BrowseAloud' link at the top of the page, next to the My Account button. A floating tool bar will appear which will allow you to access BrowseAloud features and options.
If you are using this site on a mobile phone, you will need to change your phone orientation to landscape. You will then see the Browse Aloud button at the top of the page
You will be able to:
- Read web pages aloud in a human-sounding voice
- Read PDFs in their accessible format
- Highlight each word as it is spoken to show you where you are on the page
- Magnify text to your chosen font size and font style
- Convert text to MP3 audio format
- Mask information on the screen to help you focus on a particular area.