On this page you will find information about what information we record and how we manage it.
What is a record?
Recorded information which is created by us or received and maintained by us is a record and can in the form of either:
- Manual; or
- Electronic and technological such as audio or video tape.
Types of records
Transactions and activity
Records of any transactions we make or activity we do include:
- Individual casework
- Decision making
- Internal management of the business
- Creating policy.
Records of opinion
Records can be of opinions as well as facts. They can be:
- File notes
- Notes of opinion
- Typed or handwritten documents
- Tapes of conversations/ messages
- Working documents
- Rough drafts of documents.
- Voice recordings
- Recordings of telephone conversations with our contact centre
- Voice mail
- Telephone answering machine messages
- Instant messaging
- Text messages.
What is records management?
We have systems and procedures to make sure that we store records securely and to avoid damage to them and that we can get to them quickly.
We also make sure that we meet our legal obligations for storing and disposing of the records we hold.