Sexual Health and HIV Services


BSL Support

HIV Home Testing Service

The Sexual Health London service offers free, fast and confidential home HIV tests. To order your free home testing kit click on the following link:


Living with HIV/AIDs

Living with HIV / AIDS can sometimes be very difficult. Support an advice is available for people who are unwell, regarding health issues and any related social care needs you may have.

There are many services and organisations that can support you:

Positive East

Positive East provides confidential and impartial help, support and information services for anyone living with or affected by HIV, or accessing HIV services in East London.

Positive East
159 Mile End Road
Stepney Green
E1 4AQ
Telephone:0207 791 2855
Fax: 0207 780 9551
Email: [email protected]

Positive East - more information

Body and Soul

Body & Soul is a charity promoting the respect, dignity and wellbeing of children, teenagers, adults and families living with and affected by HIV.

Body & Soul
99 Rosebery Avenue
Fax: 0207 278 3370
Tel: 0207 923 6880
Email: [email protected]

Body&Soul - More information

You can also use the Health and social care directory link to search for more local services.

How can Adult Social Care help?

If you are living with HIV/AIDs, the Council may be able to support you. We will talk with you about your social, physical, medical, emotional and financial needs.

However, in order to work out just how much , and what type of help is needed to make life easier for you, we do need to carry out an assessment.

After the assessment we will identify and agree your needs with you and discuss the help and support available to meet them.

We recognise the importance of confidentiality, especially for people affected by HIV/AIDs.

We will not share any information with people outside of Adult Social Care without your consent, except in some exceptional circumstances.

Exceptions would be when we have to provide information to help protect a vulnerable adult under the Mental Health Act, 1983 or child under the Children Act, 1989.