Apply to rent a garage from us
Apply for as many garage sites as possible to cut the time you have to wait for a garage to become available.
Choose from our list of garages (PDF) which also includes the station that is in walking distance from each garage.
What happens next
Once we have processed your application and found a garage in a suitable area, we will ask you to come to the office to sign for the garage.
You will need to bring your:
- Driving licence
- Vehicle registration certificate (log book)
- Passport or birth certificate
- Rent card (if you are a Newham Council tenant)
- Proof of address such as an electricity, gas, water or phone bill or a bank statement from the last three months
- Bank details so that we can set up a direct debit or standing order for rent payments.
We will photocopy your documents and return them to you at the meeting.
If you are a council tenant, we will check if there any rent arrears on your account. You will not be able to rent a garage if you owe us rent or any other money, such as Council Tax.
Cost of renting a council garage
The weekly charge for renting a garage is:
- £13.99 for council tenants and leaseholders
- £16.75 for other applicants.
This includes an environmental charge.
What you can use a garage for
You can use a garage to park your vehicle or store your belongings.
However you must not:
- Store flammable materials, gas cylinders, chemicals or perishable items
- Set up a source of ignition or a gas or electricity supply.