Activities for children and young people with additional needs
There is a variety of activities in Newham that children and young people with special educational needs or disability can take part in.
Some of these activities may be specifically for children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities, others may be for all children and young people.
Often these activities are run by people or groups independent of us. We are with community groups and schools to help make sure that all events and activities are as accessible as possible.
- We offer short breaks for children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities. These can include group based activities, direct payments and individual support packages. Find out more about short breaks on our short breaks page.
- Our community centres offer a range of activities for children
- For young adults, there is a Getting out and activities section in the Adult Social Care part of the website.
- We publish information about big annual events we hold in the borough on our events page.
- activeNewham is our main sports provider in the borough and they have a varied timetable
- You can find information on the activeNewham website about swimming lessons for children who need additional support because of a disability or special educational need
- The Newham Mag has a regular sports and physical activities listing for disabled people.
- Arts activity at Stratford Circus.