warning icon
We are making some changes to My Newham My Newham will be unavailable from 8.30am to approximately 6pm on Sunday 25 January while we make some changes. You will still be able to make payments during this time, except for fixed penalty notices and parking permits.

Pay it

It's quick, safe, secure and easy to make an online payment to the council using a credit or debit card.

We accept the following payment cards:
MasterCard, Delta, Maestro, Visa and Visa Electron cards
We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards.

Make a payment using My Newham

You can make the following payments, quickly and easily, using My Newham:


Check your balances and statements online

You can check your Council Tax and housing rent balances and statements online through My Newham. To use this service you will need your account reference number and PIN code.


Keeping your details safe

We operate a secure online payment service. It is not possible for any unauthorised people to access details of your payment.

For more information about online payments view our privacy statement.

If you are using a computer in a public place, we strongly advise you to make sure you are not being watched by someone as you enter your card details. This is to prevent your details being misused by someone else.

Set up a Direct Debit

You can spread the cost of your bills over 12 months and choose a monthly payment date if you pay by Direct Debit.

To set up a Direct Debit simply complete one of our online forms:

To set up a Direct Debit you will need your:
  • Council Tax or business rates reference number
  • bank or building society name
  • account number
  • sort code
  • branch address.


Create a standing order for your rent payments

Pay your rent charges weekly, fortnightly or monthly on a date that suits you.

To set up a standing order for your rent you will need your:

  • rent payment reference number
  • bank or building society name
  • account number
  • sort code
  • branch address.

Complete the standing order mandate form (Word), print and return to your bank/building society.

Back to top