Civil marriage and civil partnership venue licence

If you want to use a premises for a civil marriage or partnership ceremony you must have a licence.

Licensing is a way for us to make sure that premises are safe and appropriate. 
Picture of the inside of Newham Town Hall

How to apply for a civil marriage and partnership premises licence

To apply for a licence, download the Marriage premises licence application form (Word) and return it to us at:
Licensing Team
London Borough of Newham
First Floor Town Hall Annexe
330–354 Barking Road
East Ham
E6 2RT
It will take at least 28 days for us to make a decision.

Venues licensed for civil marriage and partnership ceremonies

As well as our register office, Newham has a range of other venues that are licensed to hold civil ceremonies.
Many of the venues are large enough for receptions, so you can celebrate in one location. We approve every venue before it can be used:
  • Newham Town Hall, East Ham
  • Novotel London ExCeL
  • Brick Lane Music Hall, Silvertown
  • ExCeL, Royal Victoria Dock
  • Tereza Joanne, King George V Dock
  • House Mill, Stratford
  • Crowne Plaza Hotel, Royal Victoria Dock
  • Unity Kitchen Cafe and Events Timber Lodge, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford
  • Sunborn Yacht, Royal Victoria Dock
  • Ruskin Hotel, Manor Park
  • The Royal Regency, Manor Park
  • Holiday Inn, Wesfield, Stratford
  • East London Rugby Club, West Ham
Back to top

Related documents

Contact us

  • Licensing Authority
    1st Floor Town Hall Annexe
    330-354 Barking Road
    East Ham
    E6 2RT

    Email us