It offers the following people the chance to listen to, rather than read, the content of our website:
- those with literacy and reading difficulties
- those where English is not their first language
- those with Dyslexia
- those with mild visual impairment.
This software is free to use and there is no need to download anything.
To get started, select 'Listen with BrowseAloud' in the top left corner of the page. A floating tool bar will appear which will allow you to access BrowseAloud features and options. You will be able to:
- read web pages aloud in a human-sounding voice
- read PDFs in their accessible format
- highlight each word as it is spoken to show you where you are on the page
- magnify text to your chosen font size and font style
- convert text to MP3 audio format
- mask information on the screen to help you focus on a particular area.