warning icon
For the most up to date service disruptions and information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) please follow these links

Translating and interpreting services

On this page you can find out how to use our interpreting, translation and British Sign Language interpreting services. Our services are available to all public sector organisations and Newham residents.

Woman with telephone headset

​If you are a resident

If you need an interpreter or your documents translated to use a council service, you should contact the manager of the service you wish to use. He or she will make arrangements to help you.
You may also ask someone to speak to the service manager on your behalf.
You can telephone us on 020 3373 4000 or email us to find out who the service manager is.

Become an interpreter

We are always looking for new interpreters and we try to recruit them from the local community.
If you would like to register with us as an interpreter and/or translator, you should create an account and fill in our application form.

If you work for a public sector organisation

If you work for a public sector organisation, (such as NHS, councils or voluntary organisations) you can get a wide range of language services from The Language Shop including face-to-face spoken language interpreting, telephone interpreting, written translation, British Sign Language interpreting and Braille.

To find out more about our services you can:
Back to top
Useful websites

Contact us