warning icon
Online housing applications Due to system maintenance you will not be able to make any amendments or create new housing applications, we are working on getting this fixed. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.​

Search planning, building control and licensing applications

​If you want information about, or you want to comment on, a current planning, building control or licensing application, use our Public Access website. You can also use the site to search for planning application decisions, enforcement appeals and enforcement history.

Public Access holds information on all the applications made to us.​​​​​

We will be carrying out essential upgrades to the Public Access system from 31 March 2019 until 1 May 2019. During this time documentation in the ‘Appeals’ and ‘Enforcement’ categories may not be viewable on the Public Access system.

The ability to submit comments for planning applications is not affected by this upgrade.​

Should you require assistance in viewing planning documents within these categories, please email the Planning Duty Officer at​

Public Access website on an iPad

How to use the Public Access website

Use the links to start your search for:
For more search options, click on the Search tab and follow the drop-down options.
To comment on an application, search for the one you want, then choose ‘Make a comment’. Your comments will be sent to the case automatically.
You can find information about data protection and our other legal responsibilities on our Data protection page. 

Help for people with visual disabilities

The applications contain scanned documents which cannot be read by screen readers. If this is a problem for you, contact the Planning, Building Control and Licensing teams on 020 8430 2000.

London Development Database

When we approve major applications, details of some of them move onto the London Development Database. The Greater London Authority runs the database.

Planning searches: Buying a property

If you are buying a property, and you want to do a property search, read our Local land charge search page.
Back to top