Business rates reductions
Small business rate relief
You can get small business rate relief if:
- You only use one property
- Your property's rateable value is less than £15,000.
If you have more than one property you can get relief if the rateable value of each of the other properties is less than £2,900.
What you get
You will get 100% relief for properties with a rateable value of less than £12,000. This means you won't pay business rates.
The rate of relief will gradually increase from 0% to 100% for properties with a rateable value of £12,000 to £15,000.
Empty properties relief
You don’t need to pay business rates for the first three months if your property is empty.
After three months, some properties can get extended empty property relief:
- Industrial properties get relief for a further three months
- Properties used by charities get relief while they are empty
- Community amateur sports clubs while they are empty
Apply for empty property relief
To apply, email the following information to [email protected]
- Your business rates reference number (if you have one)
- Your property address
- The date the property was empty from.
Charitable and non-profit rate relief
If you are a charity or a registered community amateur sports club (CASC) you can get up to 80 per cent relief on the property you use.
We may also cut all or part of the remaining 20 per cent.
We may also cut your bill if you are a non-profit making organisation.