Civil marriage and civil partnership venue licence

If you want to use a premises for a civil marriage or partnership ceremony you must have a licence. 

Licensing is a way for us to make sure that premises are safe and appropriate. ​​

​How to apply for a civil marriage and partnership premises licence

To apply for a licence, download the Marriage Premises Licence Application Form (Word)​

Send your completed form to us at:

Licensing Team
East Ham Town Hall
Barking Road
London E6 2RP

It will take at least 28 days for us to make a decision.

Venues licensed for civil marriage and partnership ceremonies

As well as our register office, there are a range of other licensed wedding and civil partnership venues for hire in Newham.

Many of the venues are large enough for receptions, so you can celebrate in one location. We approve every venue before it can be used:

  • Newham Town Hall, East Ham
  • Manhattan Loft Gardens (Hotel) Limited, t/a The Stratford, Stratford E20 1FD
  • ArcelorMittal Orbit, Stratford, E20 2AD
  • Novotel London ExCeL
  • ExCeL, Royal Victoria Dock
  • Tereza Joanne, King George V Dock
  • House Mill, Stratford
  • Crowne Plaza Hotel, Royal Victoria Dock
  • Unity Kitchen Cafe and Events Timber Lodge, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford
  • Sunborn Yacht, Royal Victoria Dock
  • The Royal Regency, Manor Park
  • Holiday Inn, Wesfield, Stratford
  • East London Rugby Club, West Ham