If you want to use a premises for a civil marriage or partnership ceremony you must have a licence.
Licensing is a way for us to make sure that premises are safe and appropriate.
How to apply for a civil marriage and partnership premises licence
To apply for a licence, download the Marriage Premises Licence Application Form (Word)
Send your completed form to us at:
Grassroots Community Resource Centre
London E15 3DB
It will take at least 28 days for us to make a decision.
Venues licensed for civil marriage and partnership ceremonies
As well as our register office, there are a range of other licensed wedding and civil partnership venues for hire in Newham.
Many of the venues are large enough for receptions, so you can celebrate in one location. We approve every venue before it can be used:
- Newham Town Hall, East Ham
- Novotel London ExCeL
- Brick Lane Music Hall, Silvertown
- ExCeL, Royal Victoria Dock
- Tereza Joanne, King George V Dock
- House Mill, Stratford
- Crowne Plaza Hotel, Royal Victoria Dock
- Unity Kitchen Cafe and Events Timber Lodge, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford
- Sunborn Yacht, Royal Victoria Dock
- Ruskin Hotel, Manor Park
- The Royal Regency, Manor Park
- Holiday Inn, Wesfield, Stratford
- East London Rugby Club, West Ham