*This consultation is now closed. Many thanks to all the residents and organisations who contributed to the consultation on the Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy that ran from 29 July to 24 September. We are using your feedback and suggestions to develop the final strategy, which will be published in December 2021.
We have written a draft Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy and want to know what you think.
Our draft strategy sets out how we will build on our achievements over the last two years, and deliver on our promise to treat people who are homeless and rough sleeping with care and compassion. It is supported by the Homelessness Review 2021, an evidence base detailing the state of homelessness.
The strategy sets out the context and current state of homelessness in Newham, including the impact of Covid-19. It is organised around six themes:
- Understand current and future housing need
- Prevent homelessness through early help
- Support people to move off, and stay off, the streets
- Improve access to better housing that meets the needs of residents
- Reduce the use of temporary accommodation
- Adopt a partnership approach to preventing homelessness and improving wellbeing
We are keen to hear your feedback on the draft strategy.
If you prefer, you can share your feedback by emailing [email protected]