Contacting Adult Social Care

Adult Social Care compliments, complaints and comments

BSL Support

Whether you are happy or unhappy with our service or a particular member of staff we want to hear from you.

If you need help with the process, please contact us and let us know. We will arrange for an advocate to support you.

To make a complaint about other council services, please use the non-Adult Social Care complaints form.

Compliments or suggestions

Pass on a compliment

Make a suggestion

Adult Social Care customer feedback and complaints

You can complete our customer feedback form if you have received face-to-face support from one of our Adult Social Care Workers (for example, a Social Worker or an Occupational Therapist). 

Adult Social Care customer feedback

Make an Adult Social Care complaint

How we deal with Adult Social Care complaints

On receipt of your complaint, we will:

  • Enter the complaint into our system
  • Send you a letter of acknowledgement, which will include an estimate for the time it will take to investigate your complaint
  • Discuss with you how you want your complaint to be resolved
  • Advise you on the options available, for example writing to you with our findings or arranging a meeting with you.
  • All compliments will be passed on to the relevant person or team.

The Adult Social Care complaints procedure allows up to six months for a resolution to be reached.

The outcome

Complaints are usually resolved within the estimated complaints investigation period. In practice most complaints are resolved much sooner and we will always try to resolve your complaint as soon as possible.

If the outcome of the complaint investigation is not satisfactory you can refer your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman.