Adult Social Care compliments, complaints and comments
Non Adult Social Care enquiries
This page gives information on how to make a complaint, give a compliment or make a comment about Adult Social Care. To do so for other council services or for general enquiries, please use the non-Adult Social Care complaints form .
Adult Social Care enquiries
Whether you are happy or unhappy with our service or a particular member of staff we want to hear from you.
If you need help with the process, please contact us and let us know. We will arrange for an advocate to support you.
How we deal with a complaint
On receipt of your complaint, we will:
- Enter the complaint into our system
- Send you a letter of acknowledgement, which will include an estimate for the time it will take to investigate your complaint
- Discuss with you how you want your complaint to be resolved
- Advise you on the options available, for example writing to you with our findings or arranging a meeting with you.
- All compliments will be passed on to the relevant person or team.
The Adult Social Care complaints procedure allows up to six months for a resolution to be reached.
Complaints are usually resolved within the estimated complaints investigation period. In practice most complaints are resolved much sooner and we will always try to resolve your complaint as soon as possible.
If the outcome of the complaint investigation is not satisfactory you can refer your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman.