Newham High Risk Panel
A need for a multidisciplinary process that provides advice and guidance to professionals is recognised by:
- Newham's Adult Social Care department
- The Safeguarding Adults Board
- Partner organisations safeguarding adults.
The process needs to be in place to support professionals when it may be difficult to mitigate presenting risks within
- Mainstream processes
- Service provisions.
Newham's High Risk Panel (NHRP) focuses on developing an empowering process for practitioners.
To recognise a practitioner's ability to solve and assess risks (other than the most complex issues), requires a more experienced senior multidisciplinary team. Their perspective is needed to support mitigation and share in the risk taken.
It is a platform to share information and identify joint solutions, to manage complex risk whilst sharing in the decision making agreed to mitigate those risks.
The NHRP is a forum where information is shared on high risk and/or complex cases. This is after all reasonable steps have been taken by practitioners and their managers to manage complex situations.
The panel is represented by senior representatives from the:
- Local authority
- Local police
- Mental health services both Adults Social Care and East London Foundation Trust (ELFT)
- Housing practitioners
- Safeguarding advisors
- London Fire Brigade
- Other specialists from the statutory and voluntary sectors as and when required.
How to refer a case
If you wish to refer a case, please follow the process below:
- You will need to complete our Newham High Risk Panel online screening form
- Once the form has been reviewed you will be contacted with a panel date
- You will then need to trigger a referral in AzeusCare as part of your reassessment or review or as a stand-alone activity
- Finally you need to notify our panel admin of your submission by emailing [email protected]