Sexual health services
Sexual Health services are:
- Confidential and
- Available to everyone regardless of sex, age, ethnic origin and sexual orientation.
If you have a disability and you have special requirements, or if English is not your first language, you should make arrangements in advance.
- Contraception information and advice
- A range of contraceptive options (oral pills, long acting reversible contraception, emergency hormonal contraception, condoms)
- Information and screening for sexually transmitted infections (STI) including chlamydia and gonorrhea.
Pharmacies in Newham offer young people (under the age of 24):
- Sexual health information and advice
- Free condoms
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) screening (chlamydia and gonorrhoea)
- Some pharmacies offer treatment for simple (asymptomatic) chlamydia infections
- Some pharmacies also offer free emergency hormonal contraception (EHC)
Sexual health clinics in Newham
Sexual health services in Newham are provided by All East, their services include:
- Tests for sexually transmitted infections with fast results - sometimes while you wait
- Sexual health check-ups
- Free contraception.
At most of the centres, you can just walk in – no appointment required. Or if you prefer, you can reserve a slot online at their website, this will save you time on the day.
Sir Ludwig Guttmann Health and Wellbeing Centre
Shrewsbury Road London
E7 8QP 020 8496 7237
9-11 High Street South London E6 6EN
West Ham Lane Health Centre
84 West Ham Lane